Labels

create. create. create.

Monday, October 24, 2011

Do it everyday.

I recently read something that I think is important to share. Things are only exciting if you do them once or everyday. Of course my first thought was make a weird a face. (you can attain the same look by wincing only the left half of your face and slightly tilting your head backwards) but before I dismissed the idea I gave it some thought. Sure enough, I applied it to my life in the MMAFC, (Magpie Mouse Art-Fight Club) and yes art had become not only fun again but really enjoyable to do. It's not that I stopped doing it because of anything, I just was secure in knowing it was there and I can do it whenever I want. However, when you force your creativity everyday, your creation takes on a new life form, your art is a whole new animal. Not only are you actually getting better, your thinking of new ways to do things. And whoa, news flash, the more you do something the better you are at it! It's no wonder I have not advanced as an artist in the last 10 years, I wasn't doing it. A mediocre holding pattern if you will. Sure once every few months I'd do something to qualify as art but always wondered , shouldn't I be better at this by now?
A friend of mine told me yesterday that the MMAFC inspired her to start writing again! She is now just over a week in! How awesome is that?!?! I think this is 2 weeks for me. Going strong and it's not even a little boring. Art is more exciting than its ever been.

1 comment:

  1. when I wasted a bunch of money on counseling a while back, one thing I actually did manage to get out of it was the realization that I doing something creative was one of the few ways I could feel like I hadn't just wasted my day. Now I try to force myself to do something creative even when I don't feel like it. You can't always wait for inspiration to find you, sometimes you have to go find IT.

    ReplyDelete

studio

studio
this is one of those rare 'clean moments.' i kinda think if its too clean, then your not making stuff.i am in the process of leaning to be a rad sewer. this may take some time.

Turtle Sandbag

Turtle Sandbag
Makes hammering even funner.