Labels

create. create. create.

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Upcycle! Leaf necklace.



Last night I found myself with 5 whole hours to myself! Woo! Crazy Friday night, I know. I took apart an old necklace and wondered if I could turn it into something new and exciting. It had potential, just needed some tweeking . The necklace was comprised of lightweight metal leaves and an ugly chain they hung from. They were painted 3 uninteresting shades of dull red, dull green and dull blue. The paint was slowly flaking off and the 'leaves' were a generic,stock shape. First and foremost, I free them from their jump ring shackles off the tacky spray painted chain they were affixed to. I used a file and brought out some of the underlying metal. I left some of the original paint on because I thought it would make interesting lo-lights and add some depth and dimension to the leaves. Then with round nose pliers I slowly twist, turn, pull, and fold the leaves into more organic interesting shapes. Then I decided to repaint them with some alcohol inks of the same color scheme. As it stands, I now have a pile of really cool looking leaves. Jewelry soon to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment

studio

studio
this is one of those rare 'clean moments.' i kinda think if its too clean, then your not making stuff.i am in the process of leaning to be a rad sewer. this may take some time.

Turtle Sandbag

Turtle Sandbag
Makes hammering even funner.