Labels

create. create. create.

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Art-Fight Club Day 5 & 6 were both dedicated to bead work. Although this is not my focus on jewelry anymore, I have a shit ton of them. If I can sell such beads I can pay for classes more in the metal-smithing arena. There is a local bar here called the comet tavern that hosts a bi-weekly rummage sale. Independent artists and vintage peddlers bring there wares for sale. I have done it twice so far and it has been not only fun but more importantly, a learning experience. I learned that hipsters really like the idea of handmade but will not pay for it. I actually already knew that but it defiantly got reinforced. Hipsters do not know the price of silver. So this week shall be a week of trying to get rid of surplus beads inexpensively. Die hipster scum.

1 comment:

  1. I hear ya girl! We need to do more yuppy (queen anne? ballard? fremont?) venues so that people with money will by our handmade wares that involve insane amounts of time, money, sweat and tears (and maybe a little blood)!

    ReplyDelete

studio

studio
this is one of those rare 'clean moments.' i kinda think if its too clean, then your not making stuff.i am in the process of leaning to be a rad sewer. this may take some time.

Turtle Sandbag

Turtle Sandbag
Makes hammering even funner.